A Type Of Bulgarian Dessert
- 2 lbs flour
- 9 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Combine the flour, salt, 1 egg, vinegar, and 3 cups water and knead a medium-hard dough.
- Roll into thin sheets (makes about 10). You can also use filo dough sheets (see Recipe Notes below)
- Place all sheets in a tray, one after another, basting each one with melted butter.
- Cut into squares or diamonds.
- Bring the milk to the boil, add the sugar, remaining butter and semolina under constant stirring.
- Allow to cool down, then add the 8 beaten eggs.
- Mix well and pour over the pastry sheets.
- Bake for about 25 mins in 375 F oven.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar or other icing.
Click here to buy the filo dough sheets for this recipe directly from our Online Store.